Software industry veterans and computer science professors experienced in litigation.
- Quandary Peak’s computer and software experts are recognized pioneers and innovators in the technology industry and scientific research community.
- Every expert on our team has established a reputation as an authority in the field of computer science through a consistent record of exceptional achievement in business, academia, or both.
- Having devoted our professional lives to mastering the complexity of computing systems and inventing new software technology, we have broad experience with computers (including smartphones and tablets), software (including medical and enterprise systems), computer networks (including websites and the Internet), and electronic data (including databases, digital media, and document metadata).
- As speakers at major software conferences, award-winning researchers, and expert witnesses in high-profile litigation, we know how to clearly and succinctly explain technical concepts, factual findings, and opinions.
- In critical matters, leading IP law firms and Fortune 500 companies trust Quandary Peak’s expertise in computer science and software engineering.
- Our experts serve clients throughout the United States, from Silicon Valley and Southern California to Boston and New York.
- We have experience in numerous jurisdictions — state courts, U.S. District Court, the ITC, and the USPTO.
- Our areas of focus include software patents, copyrights, trade secrets, system malfunctions, contract disputes, and source code review.
Contact us to find out which of our experts can help you based on the specific technology and needs of your case.
Dr. Malek is the Director of the Software Design and Analysis Laboratory at George Mason University, where is a tenured member of the faculty. Dr. Malek has testified as an expert witness in a variety of software-related legal matters, including patent cases, IPRs, contractual disputes, and other types of litigation.
Click here to learn more and contact Sam.
As a developer and CTO, Jason Frankovitz has been in the trenches of technology for more than 20 years. He has worked as a programmer, software development manager, technical analyst, CTO, and mentor in a wide variety of industries including enterprise software, digital entertainment, and Web-enabled government.
Click here to learn more and contact Jason.
Dr. Meldal has testified numerous times in federal court as an expert in computer science and software engineering. He has provided technical opinions in IP litigation regarding mobile devices, computer networks, wireless telephony, databases, service-oriented architectures, web systems, and geospatial positioning.
Click here to learn more and contact Sigurd.
Brad Ulrich has diverse career as a computer scientist, software engineer, technology manager, and entrepreneur. His experience spans software design, programming, patent management, healthcare, mobile devices, startups, technology licensing, regulatory compliance, and risk management.
Click here to learn more and contact Brad.
Nenad Medvidović is a Professor and Associate Chair for Ph.D. Affairs in the Computer Science Department at the University of Southern California. From 2009 to 2013, Medvidović was Director of the USC Center for Systems and Software Engineering. His research is in the area of architecture-based software development.
Click here to learn more and contact Nenad.
Dr. George Edwards has more than a decade of experience as a scientist, engineer, and technical consultant to academic research labs, government agencies, and technology companies, and he has served as a software expert in various litigation contexts, including several patent infringement matters.
Click here to learn more and contact George.