If you need expert testimony about software and computer technology, look no further.
We support all phases of software-related litigation.
- We inspect large, complex code bases and explain how they work.
- We author expert reports that support specific conclusions with technical evidence.
- We provide expert witness testimony and consulting.
We have extensive experience in patent litigation.
- We help develop or refute patent infringement claim charts.
- We provide feedback from a technical perspective during claim construction.
- We investigate prior art and research patent invalidity.
- We consult on ITC investigations related to computer software patents.
We are experienced in all types of software disputes.
- We investigate who is to blame for software development failures that result in breach-of-contract lawsuits.
- We analyze whether software license or software copyright infringement has occurred.
- We perform software failure analysis and determine whether the harm caused could have been avoided.
- We perform forensic data recovery to retrieve and repair valuable information that has been deleted, damaged, or lost.
We are knowledgeable in a broad range of computer technologies.
- Smartphones: We have a deep understanding of today’s top mobile platforms including Android, iOS and iPhone, Windows Phone 8, BlackBerry, Brew, and more. We have proven results serving as patent infringement litigation consultants for top legal firms and multinational companies on smartphone-related patents. Our solid industry background and focus in the expert witness field allow us to exceed our clients’ expectations in the most demanding situations.
- Android: Our direct experience with the Android platform allows us to serve as a trusted and knowledgeable resource in cases that require an expert witness for Android-based smartphones. Our experience extends from the core operating system to peripherals including mobile apps, social network services, multimedia (including video and camera hardware), geo-location (GPS), cellular platforms (GSM, CDMA, LTE), and more.
- Java: Quandary Peak’s highly-trained experts can serve as expert witnesses on Java software systems, particularly mobile, embedded, and user-interface systems. We know Java SE, Java ME, Java EE, Java Servlets, and the tools used to build systems with these technologies, such as the Eclipse IDE. We also have a comprehensive understanding of how Java differs from other programming languages and what’s going on inside the Java Virtual Machine.
We are techies who speak legalese.
- Lawyers and engineers speak, write, and think differently. Translating tech jargon into the precise, unambiguous language of the law isn’t taught to engineers. We know how to do it.
- You can’t be an effective expert witness if you don’t understand the legal issues in question. Patents are legal documents, not engineering documents. Most engineers find them baffling (but we don’t).
- Explaining technical concepts to non-experts is hard. Conveying complex concepts in a way that is easy to understand is a skill we’ve carefully honed over years of practice.
We help lower costs for your clients.
- We off-load time-consuming tasks from expensive testifying experts. Our lower cost (but highly capable) consultants do the heavy lifting then feed information to the testifying expert.
- We are super efficient. We have done this many times, so we hit the ground running on every project.
- We use proprietary processes and tools. We have developed techniques specifically for litigation consulting that save valuable time (and money!)
We are software litigation fanatics.
- Litigation consulting is our full-time job. We don’t serve as expert witnesses as a “side gig,” and we don’t have another job that’s a higher priority.
- We are experienced. Since this is what we do all day, every day, we know what works and what doesn’t.
- We love what we do. Many experts do this work to supplement their income. We have chosen it as a career because we enjoy it.
Our team is your team.
- We assemble a team of experts with complementary knowledge and skills to fit your project. Each of our experts specializes in certain areas, and they collaborate to cover all the bases.
- A Quandary Peak team is more than the sum of its parts. As the old saying goes, two heads are better than one.
- We can easily increase or decrease the work force assigned to a task. When crunch time arrives, we can devote more resources to get the job done.