We are techies who speak legalese.
- Lawyers and engineers speak, write, and think differently. Translating tech jargon into the precise, unambiguous language of the law isn’t taught to engineers. We know how to do it.
- You can’t be an effective expert witness if you don’t understand the legal issues in question. Patents are legal documents, not engineering documents. Most engineers find them baffling (but we don’t).
- Explaining technical concepts to non-experts is hard. Conveying complex concepts in a way that is easy to understand is a skill we’ve carefully honed over years of practice.
We help lower costs for your clients.
- We off-load time-consuming tasks from expensive testifying experts. Our lower cost (but highly capable) consultants do the heavy lifting then feed information to the testifying expert.
- We are super efficient. We have done this many times, so we hit the ground running on every project.
- We use proprietary processes and tools. We have developed techniques specifically for litigation consulting that save valuable time (and money!)
We are software litigation fanatics.
- Litigation consulting is our full-time job. We don’t serve as expert witnesses as a “side gig,” and we don’t have another job that’s a higher priority.
- We are experienced. Since this is what we do all day, every day, we know what works and what doesn’t.
- We love what we do. Many experts do this work to supplement their income. We have chosen it as a career because we enjoy it.
Our team is your team.
- We assemble a team of experts with complementary knowledge and skills to fit your project. Each of our experts specializes in certain areas, and they collaborate to cover all the bases.
- A Quandary Peak team is more than the sum of its parts. As the old saying goes, two heads are better than one.
- We can easily increase or decrease the work force assigned to a task. When crunch time arrives, we can devote more resources to get the job done.
We are a new breed of source code reviewers.
- All our experts are specifically trained in source code review and analysis for patent litigation and other software-related legal cases, with a particular focus on mobile and smartphone source code review. We work well under the constraints of inspection environments — i.e., where no outside electronics or Internet connections are allowed.
- We utilize the latest-and-greatest analysis tools, including both those found in IDEs such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, and SlickEdit and stand-alone products such as PowerGREP and Beyond Compare.
- We have developed propriety processes to maximize efficiency. For example, depending on the nature of the project, we know how to make the best use of restrictions on printing source code covered under a Protective Order.
- We perform code review for all types of litigation involving computer software, with extensive experience in software patents, defect and failure analysis, and breach-of-contract disputes.
- Our experts perform software code analysis across the country. We are available on short notice to travel to Silicon Valley, New York or anywhere in between. We have experience in numerous jurisdictions, and are familiar with discovery rules, protective orders, and similar procedures.
- We have extensive experience in a range of technologies including mobile and smartphones, internet and websites, FDA medical devices, digital multimedia, user interfaces, and more.
- Leading IP firms and Fortune 500 companies hired Quandary Peak’s experts to provide thorough and efficient review and analysis of source code for computer- and software-related litigation.