Our software experts are highly proficient in a range of technologies and applications.
We know computers and software — inside and out.
- We are experts in a range of mobile software and smartphone platforms: Android, iOS, iPhone, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and Brew.
- We are skilled in working with digital multimedia: JPEG, MP3, MPEG, Flash, and digital rights management (DRM).
- We have years of in-the-trenches experience with medical software and FDA devices: FDA 510(k) submissions, CFR Part 820, CFA Part 11, electronic health records (EHR), HIPPA and privacy regulations, and ISO and IEC Standards for medical device software.
- Our staff includes experts in information security: public and private keys, hashing, authentication, SSL/TLS, SFTP/SSH, and secure software license activation.
- We are knowledgable in computer networks and networking protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, CDMA/GSM/LTE, Wifi/802.11, email, SSL, and FTP.
- Our experts have designed, implemented, and analyzed applications built on top of a variety of database technologies: MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, XML, and BigTable.
- We are proficient in user interfaces: Java Swing, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), and Dojo.
- We are the go-to guys for enterprise architectures: SAP, Oracle Siebel, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Dynamics, OPEN ERP, and OFBiz.
- We have both industry and litigation experience with financial software: mobile banking software, technical analysis, TradeStation, eSignal, and Bloomberg Data Feeds.
- We have worked with a variety of embedded devices, platforms, and technologies, including Verizon/nPhase platforms, Bluetooth, Zigbee, RFID, and Qualcomm’s devices.
We are techies who speak legalese.
- Lawyers and engineers speak, write, and think differently. Translating tech jargon into the precise, unambiguous language of the law isn’t taught to engineers. We know how to do it.
- You can’t be an effective expert witness if you don’t understand the legal issues in question. Patents are legal documents, not engineering documents. Most engineers find them baffling (but we don’t).
- Explaining technical concepts to non-experts is hard. Conveying complex concepts in a way that is easy to understand is a skill we’ve carefully honed over years of practice.
We help lower costs for your clients.
- We off-load time-consuming tasks from expensive testifying experts. Our lower cost (but highly capable) consultants do the heavy lifting then feed information to the testifying expert.
- We are super efficient. We have done this many times, so we hit the ground running on every project.
- We use proprietary processes and tools. We have developed techniques specifically for litigation consulting that save valuable time (and money!)
We are software litigation fanatics.
- Litigation consulting is our full-time job. We don’t serve as expert witnesses as a “side gig,” and we don’t have another job that’s a higher priority.
- We are experienced. Since this is what we do all day, every day, we know what works and what doesn’t.
- We love what we do. Many experts do this work to supplement their income. We’ve chosen it as a career because we enjoy it.
Our team is your team.
- We assemble a team of experts with complementary knowledge and skills to fit your project. Each of our experts specializes in certain areas, and they collaborate to cover all the bases.
- A Quandary Peak team is more than the sum of its parts. As the old saying goes, two heads are better than one.
- We can easily increase or decrease the work force assigned to a task. When crunch time arrives, we can devote more resources to get the job done.